My World is a Pink Chair
My world is a pink chair with a green and brown striped sheet draped over it. From here I attend to my day; phone in reach, date book and reading books to the left, a little magazine holder and in table to my right.
All is within arms reach from my pink chair. I type from my laptop perched in my lap on a notebook filled with scriblings. My days begin with a bowl of cereal in my hand, trying to eat and read my emails. I get very excited when I get an email. This is a big time of day for me!
Sometimes the day just passes me by in my pink chair. The dogs come greet me. The sun shines in through the window above my bed. I start to read a book. I read until I can’t focus anymore. An hour perhaps two — if it’s a great book maybe I can get through a whole morning living in another world of printed pages.
By lunch time I find myself eating (oh, yes, in my pink chair) and watching the TV. Two feet from my pink chair is my bed and a nap is waiting, then it’s back to my command post. The pink chair is very square with wide flat arms that can hold my little laptop when I’m not working on it. Sometimes the arms hold books or the phone. It’s a great chair and I’m really fond of it.
I shuffle back and forth placing the laptop on my left arm rest and picking up a book on my right arm rest. I sip a glass of water. A gallon jug of spring water sits in arms reach on the floor right there for me if I need a refill. On my in-table/magazine rack sits a few crackers and some peanuts as well as some gas-X. Life is grand, all of it revolving around my pink chair.
I was bored so I wrote this in my pink chair. Now it’s time to try to do a little more reading. Maybe you’d like to come see me. I’ll be right here in my pink chair. :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home