Telling on Junior
I live in a great household with two roommates and on this particular day we had a full house. Kate’s boyfriend, my boyfriend, Will and his girlfriend were all here plus the dogs, ducks and Kate’s pet rats. A little house packed full of people and animals — doesn’t get any better then this!
Anyway there was some commotion in the kitchen and all I heard was a bit of yelling.
Junior spends his time tiptoeing around the house. I’m not joking walking across the floor he will lightly quietly make no sound, you don’t even know he’s there. He carefully picks each foot up and slowly lowers it. You don't hear a thing. Well he had tiptoed his way into our kitchen and ever so silently got on his hind legs, raising up, and was happily licking the butter on the butter dish when Will caught him.
The house was in an uproar, Will waved Junior off, and my boyfriend was sent to find me to figure out what to do about our butter eating thief.
I laughed so hard, got a knife out and cut off the licked end of the butter and put the butter lid back on it. This was done to the dismay of the whole house. Yuck, they all cried, “How could you do that?”
“What?!!”, I said, “you told me he only licked this end!” “It’s no big deal at least he did’t end up stealing a turkey off the table at thanksgiving -- getting it stuck on his head like a friend’s dog I know”.
All I got were incredible stares of disbelief.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home