It’s a good day, one of many. The shots are working and although I’m not to the energy level of a normal person, I feel so much better overall that I’m almost euphoric. What just blows me away is how satifided I can feel over the simplist of moments. Here I sit reading a book, gazing down at one of my dogs and listening to the thunder roll outside. It’s 8:30 and I’m just happy to be here.
These are amazing moments of feeling good that some folks take for granted. No pain, no nausia, no dizziness. I revel in the feeling of being comfortable. That’s it. Just plain relaxed and comfortable.
Yesterday, I felt so strong that I drove down to Lakeville and back in the rain. I love the rain. Driving in the rain. Standing in the rain. Listening to the rain.
There is such a sense of intimacy that the rain brings as it muffles everything in a shroud of mist and wet. I actually wanted to do something so off I went to eat at my favorite Mexican restaurant.
It was early, about 5:00 and there were just a few people there. The restaurant front was so dark I did think that it was open. There were two men sitting by the entrance eating and laughing. It made for good atmosphere in there to hear the men laugh as I ordered my meal. The kitchen staff was sitting at a back table drinking pop and waiting for customers. The place was such a relaxed setting to eat a meal and watch the rain.
I like taquitos in corn tortillas and was just chowing down as I watched it pouring outside. Because it was early and no one was around all of us there could enjoy the music playing. I’m not bilingual so I had no idea what was being sung but a good song would come on and someone would turn it up. With my feet tapping to the beat, I sat and wondered how I’d dance to this. It made me think maybe learning salsa moves on the dance floor wasn’t such a bad idea.
Sometime I know I’ll be strong enough to learn some latin dancing. I add that to the list in my head of stuff to do next year as a challenge to myself to get better. Each time I accomplish one of these things from the list in my head I feel so proud. They are proof of my continued improvements toward wellness.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home