Yellow ball
He stirs me back to the present. I was reading a book, escaped to another world, and a wet yellow ball was shoved in my lap. Shorty snatched it back up chomping and growling – shoving it back in my lap yet again.
"Could he not leave me alone?", I thought. THIS was a good book.
He sat and barked at me, “Stop that, why can’t you just be in the moment” “Live in the now…now is time to play!”
“Okay, okay” I told him as I admired his toy, laughing at his playful challenge setting my book down.
With that there came a barrage of toys. Shorty dashed all around gathering them to me and running off for more. He was looking to see which one I’d prefer.
I liked the yellow ball best I guess, at least that’s what he thought so he left it with me before bouncing off to find some other interesting adventure, as always remaining in the moment.
I sighed and picked up my book again.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home