My ears are ringing. As I listen to the ringing I turn my head scanning for any outside noise. The boys are at my feet and I notice we all have moved our heads back and slowly forth in the same directions scanning for sounds. I’m fascinated. We all three had the same inclination in the calm of the morning. The sun had yet to cross over the horizon and it’s as if we all sit here just waiting for it. A car drives by and perfect calm returns. It’s time to let the ducks out from their safe enclosure. Junior and Shorty take up position next to the doorway as I scoop feed for my hungry ducks. The dogs prevent the ducks from following me into the shed to bet their food. The dogs love this door guarding, Keeping the ducks off me as I come out to scatter feed.
I praise my dogs and there’s big celebration as the dogs happily race each other snapping and chirping barks – to see who can beat who to the house.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home