Monday, December 12, 2005

In the Land of the Living

I went to the mall today. Yes, the MALL. People let me tell you this is a big deal! I haven’t been to a mall shopping in at least four years. For me, it was a matter of not having enough strength to walk around and find the stores I wanted to see. Well I am finally back to living the life of a normal person.

Sure my back was screaming at me. That’s the tough thing, my energy is returning but my back pain is keeping me limited right now. Still it was great, I actually shopped, walking into several stores. Watch out people, I'm back in the land of the living and I feel great!!!

Walking along I heard this scuffing noise coming in my direction. From one scuffer to another I recognized this guy as he passed me by and smiled to myself. Here was another person who walked around with out tying his bootlaces -- just like me. But that’s why I’m in the mall, to evolve from frump girl to attractive gal. Having looked in my closet recently for something nice to wear dancing, I realized my closet looked like a guy’s. All guy work shirts, over size sweatshirts and jeans.

Part of the reason I had remained frump girl for so long was my love for comfort and being outdoors. I’m a sporty type person anyway. The not so good reason I continually dress in men’s and boy’s wear is that women’s clothes don’t fit me. Me and my boyish figure struggle with being in our mid forties now and still not having a womanly curve anywhere to be found.

But as luck would have it, low cut jeans are in style and with that for some reason they fall differently on me and I actually now have two -- in fashion -- pair of women’s jeans to my name! Don’t get me wrong I love my wranglers. It's just nice to be more feminine some days.

*****************************************************************************************

Moving through the mall was exhilarating. It’s Christmas time and I sat and watched the children all lined up to see Santa.

Great fun! In came Santa ringing his bell as he and his helper made their procession to the little red roped off Christmas fantasy. Surrounded by big decked out trees and wrapped presents Santa sat down in his velvet chair ready for business. Man, was this fun to watch as the kids got to see Santa. It’s so good to be out and about shopping. Ho, ho, ho, everybody – Merry Christmas!

1 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Blogger Jean said...

Thanks Karen! (grin)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home