Sunday, December 18, 2005

The Saturday Night Christmas Party

How I love the company of men! Hanging out all night in the front room at Carol’s was such a great way to spend the evening. It seemed this was guy’s territory -- the women having the next room over. I just plopped myself there on the sofa and started talking to my friend Ron about marshal arts. Guess it surprised him to find I’d been serious into karate too at one point. We chatted about the challenges of preparing for brown belt testing, chi, meridians and chakras.

I relived my past and he talked expectantly of his future.

There was David telling us about the farrier and how he lined all his mules up in a row to get their hooves trimmed. I checked out one of his mule magazines and started wishing I could have a mule – such clever creatures.

We talked about hunting and I got a debate going on how hormones in a rutting buck would make the meat more gamey, drawing on my conclusions from eating a ram lamb the summer before. But I was way out of my league when it came to tractor pulls. I didn’t have a clue! Miles, Ray’s boy, explained hydraulics, chrome and fancy paint jobs to me. I was in heaven.

Oh, it was a marvelous time as I basked in the company of men.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home