Monday, August 14, 2006


Noisy Ducks.

It’s another great day out there -- the most perfect summer weather to be had! Just me, the dogs, and the ducks, basking in the sunshine. But my day hadn’t started out that way.

I missed giving myself a shot yesterday and boy was I one sad and sorry gal this morning. There I was in a world of pain and slow motion, just wondering why I wasn’t feeling any better as the morning progressed. Feeling miserable at what a great day it was outside, and me not in it. Listening to my ducks quacking outside my window brought me around I guess.

Suddenly it was an all systems alert. The red light flashing and a much needed message was passed to my brain…

*Earth to Jean, do you read me? Over.*

“This is Jean, I read you, is there a problem? Over.” *Yes team leader, we have you cleared for an over due injection. Over.* “Thanks Earth systems, that would explain the physical and mental disturbance. Over.” *Well don’t just lie there team leader, get a move on. Over.*

As I jumped from my bed, hurrying to accomplish my mission, realizing my mistake and sending out one last message, I dug for my supplies and said, “Underway Earth systems, will do. Over.”

And with that I accomplished a most needed task for the day.

Later stepping out into the glorious sunshine with two bounding Kelpies by my side, I was ready to meet my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home