Wednesday, April 19, 2006


A Bad Day Turned Good.

I called my closest girlfriend yesterday, so missing her, and feeling down in general.

I had discovered that both my roommates were moving out on me at the end of the month I let my worries of how I was going to afford my meds and my new slew of doctors bills from that damn breast lump get me all depressed.

These are the kinds of things I don’t talk to anyone about. Not my family or friendly acquaintances that see me on a regular basis, Doreen and Kerry are the only ones I will share so openly with about personal stuff. Although both live so far away from me, at least I’m very fortunate to see Doreen during the summer when she and I can both afford to travel together with our herding dogs and hang out.

During my call to Doreen I was able to tell her all the things I’d been keeping to myself, she was there to sift through and sort out the serious problems from the added extra I’d thrown in just to make myself feel even worse. Do you ever do that? When feeling bad, do you ever look for as many reasons as you possibly can to add to those few really big problems?

Well that’s what I was doing. I rarely ever get depressed but wow, when it hits me, boy, am I a mess! And I was piling it on big time. I topped off my list of complaints with the fact that the man I’ve been seeing introduced me as “company” at Easter and of course I thought I should have been introduced as a friend instead.

Doreen questioned me thoroughly throwing the nonsense stuff out immediately. I just wanted to be more important in this guy’s life and I wasn’t being realistic. She just laughs at me and tells me not everyone moves as fast as I do in relationships. I had to laugh too and we could move on to the more important things.

I realized while talking with her and finding myself laughing again, returned to my good spirits, that there is nothing better in the whole wide world than having someone know you so well, all your flaws as well as the good stuff, and still love you for it. I have a lot of nice folks that I’m friends with but really close and special friends are hard to find. Doreen is truly one of them. Man, Doreen and I can talk for hours and laugh our fool heads off.

Since I’d been feeling down, I needed to talk to someone who I deeply care about and trust, and Doreen is that person for me. This is my buddy who shares my love of playing outside in the muddy spring fields and mucking around in sheep shit. There is no one else better equipped to understand me so well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home