What follows is a note I wrote to my love interest. It talks about my need to be dancing all the time. You know I even think that it has been the one thing that is making my back stronger. For sure it has been amazing incentive to keep trying so hard to get out there...
********************
It occurs to me that you might not realize why the dancing is such an important thing to me and why I love it so. It does have something to do with me being a “doer” and not an “observer” but more specifically it is the fact that I am celebrating life so joyfully each time I am out there. Each time I kick up my heels it’s an in-your-face to life. I can’t be brought down so easily and here’s the living proof!
I was dead to the world for those three years, trapped in my house seeing no one and able to do next to nothing. I rarely had energy to make it up the block and back, my only companions the dogs. So in some way dancing is me celebrating the fact I am alive and kicking again. I sat around long enough, now it’s time to dance, to connect with people in a more personal way. I want to miss no opportunities.
Some people are living on automatic pilot, just going through the motions. This is what they do or have been doing for years, their routine...going to Rush or Four Seasons, so dead on the inside to the joy of this very new moment in time. Not me I’m relishing the breathlessness, the unexpectedness and even the pain, at times, of each dance.
For all those days in bed dreaming of dancing, I take none of it for granted now. I live for these moments because they can be gone in a heart beat and only people like myself know this.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home