Saturday, March 11, 2006

What Are You Thinking?

“Boy, you sure are a talker”, I tell him. Know what he says? “Of course. I talk when I’m nervous”. And here I thought I was the only nervous one in all this.

It surprises me because he comes across so confident all the time. The first thing he does alone in my presence is take off his shirt so it doesn't get wrinkled and lie on my bed. You should have seen my mouth drop open. Oh my God, I think…wow!

But I ask you people what did fate just send me? I can see the powers that rule the heavens discussing me to each other. Fate turns to Destiny and says, “She’s just so stubborn. She refuses to open up her heart for even a minute.” Destiny shakes it’s all knowing head. “You know what we need to do, we need to place temptation right under her nose. Give her someone she can’t just walk away from or ignore.”

Fate gets all excited and starts jumping up and down. “I know! I know!”, Fate cries, “Make it someone who is outgoing, super friendly, and a big talker.

Destiny nods it’s head in agreement. “He’s gotta be playful too, that will really get her good! She’s not use to letting her hair down and having fun.” They both laugh. “This aught to be good. I can’t wait to see this!”

So here I am. [Excuse me while I take a moment and wave up at Fate and Destiny…] ”I know your up there I tell them, you can’t fool me!” I’m convinced they just love to stir things up for me. They have filled my life with so many ironies lately you’d think I’d want to shake my fist at them, but I’m delighted!

I’m being myself in the most unexpected ways and it feels so good. Thanks guys!

He’s still talking to me, and when it gets real quiet he asks me what I’m thinking about. Fate and Destiny giggle looking down at us, “Oh man, what’s she gonna do now? I can’t wait, this is going to be good.” Destiny winks at Fate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home