Monday, January 23, 2006

Divine Justice and Forgiveness

What is forgiveness? I had to stop and really think about that. I was talking to a friend and her definition and mine were different. Mine was to stop being angry about or resenting somebody or somebody’s behavior. To turn one’s back to that situation that hurt me because it no longer exists and holds no power over me.

I feel nothing about this thing anymore. It is the past. I am now in the present.

Because I know holding on to that anger of injustice keeps me locked into that memory forever as a victim, I will forgive and forget releasing it forever. That is the only way I know to get out of an energy sucking debt and release the past that is trying to weigh me down.

Forgiveness does not mean saying that what happened to me doesn't matter or that what that person did to me was alright, it means releasing the negative feelings I have about that person or event. What a complex psychological process! And how hard to explain how to do it!!

I believe divine energy will be blocked if you continue to hold on to your resentments. Holding on to these bad feelings prevents you from moving on with your life.

And like wise when we feel we should be able to divvy out justice we become unbalanced as well, let divine justice play out. Releasing myself from any form of hatred, or self-righteous justice I may seek, frees me to move on unencumbered. Each time my mind goes to think about how I was wronged, I make a conscious effort to change those thoughts, redirecting my mind to something pleasant instead. Over time those negative thoughts will come to mind less and less until I am able to reset my thinking entirely.*

The heart is the center of our body and is the focal point for all emotions, those of love, kindness, jealousy, anger and hatred. Challenges of the heart include learning the value of forgiveness and unconditional love. For me it’s a never-ending process as I continue to forgive, moving thru life and living in the present.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home