Friday, January 06, 2006

I was reading a book’s acknowledgements when I came across the most wonderful words. “…Last, I don’t know how to thank my lovely wife, Roya—whose opinion I am addicted—for her kindness and grace…”

I thought that was pretty amazing. Most of us have a tendency to value the opinions of our family and loved ones less because we know them so well. We see those closest to us with all their human flaws on a daily basis. Knowing them inside and out as we do, we usually take our loved one’s opinions for granted, after all we know all their weaknesses – what do they know anyway -- they don’t even have the sense to wash dark colors with dark colors when doing the laundry.

Turning away to gather advice from others, we sometimes unknowingly disvalue the suggestions from those closest to us. Wow, do I have to remember that next time my Mother calls!

Yesterday the CFIDS had me in it’s vice grip. It was so painful getting up in the morning. After breakfast I was sitting there with my head hanging down, my hair in my eyes, just trying to hold on and keep myself out of bed. It was a loosing battle for most of the day. But I’m so lucky these days happen less and less to me and so I accept them and move through them knowing they will pass.

I try to live my life in balance, to listen to that little voice inside me and be true to myself. When I manage to get it right good things just happen more easily. I make better choices and doors open wide before me. I must be doing something right because yesterday it was as if the universe, knowing I needed to talk to people, sent them to me through out my day.

I got more phone calls in one day then I usually get in a week. Really it was as if my karmic powers had kicked in and I’d hit the jackpot. My soon to be new roommate showed up for a visit. That was very nice. She doesn’t move in till February. We’re bonding. She’s a sweetheart and I look forward to her moving in. Plus I got a call from a new and most handsome friend. Be still my heart. I was very surprised at that one.

When I have a bad day the good ones just feel so much better that I get a bit giddy. I want to give everyone I meet hugs and kisses just to celebrate this fabulous feeling! I am lucky indeed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home