Mind Over Matter and EFT
I don’t know why when we actually verbalize what we are thinking there can be a more powerful emotional response to it. It’s like speaking our feelings out loud causes us to admit that what’s going on quietly in our heads is real. That must be why for some speaking positive affirmations can work so well. They are making it truth for the whole world to hear. You know how they say, “seeing is believing”, well in this case “saying is admitting”. Now consider combining this mental positive attitude with something more physical like acupressure. Do you know about acupressure? That it can reset the body’s energy causing it to flow more strongly throughout the body?
In Oriental medicine the use of the body's subtle energies, known as QI (pronounced Chi), has been the building block that all its practices revolve around for millenniums. Acupressure is one of these practices. Energy holds us all together, each and every molecule, with intense vibration and attraction. All these tiny particles make up our perception of the solid world around us. This is fact folks, really it is. I know it sounds like some kind of science fiction story but this is physics and real science! (About physics and the world around us go to: http://www.colorado.edu/physics/2000/index.pl)
I’m sharing all this to build up to explaining in terms you can understand why the use of a psychological acupressure technique can be so powerful that it can actually change our health and mental well-being. No doubt you have met someone who was angry all the time and you couldn’t help but think, if they just changed their point of view life would be so much better for them. (And for everyone else around them) That if they could change the way they think, the world would actually be a wonderful place in which to live and be happy. Well there is a way to do this.
An article was published in the Journal Of Clinical Psychology, one of the most prestigious psychological journals out there, discussing advantages and limitations for a tapping technique known as EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques).*
This EFT is a form of acupressure tapping, using the same energy meridians found in traditional acupuncture to treat physical and emotional ailments, but without the invasiveness of needles. Instead, tapping with the fingertips is used to generate and excite energy onto specific meridians on the head, chest or back while one thinks or voices a specific problem adding a positive affirmation to reset those emotional responses.
Our emotions, no matter how strong minded we are, constantly drive us -- knowingly or unknowingly. They can keep us from doing or feeling the way we would like. This is what is referred to as an emotional block. Once you can acknowledge or locate an emotional block you can deal with it using EFT.
As strange as all this may sound, you should know about EFT’s very high rate of success, the use of it has spread rapidly, and medical practitioners employing EFT can now be found in every corner of the world. When I first saw a demonstration I was quite skeptical. But fired by my desire to become a more healthy happy person, I decided to try it. I thought to myself, “What will it hurt. It’s free, I can do it at home in privacy and no one need know”. I had some intense success with it in aiding me to sleep through the night so I found myself going to a few more of these seminars, and learning more complex ways to use this technique.
One day I even volunteered to be demonstrated on and it was the turning point to my struggle with CFIDS! The clinician had the experience along with strong personal energy levels they used to totally eliminate a huge emotional block that was preventing me from getting well. When I sat back down it was as if this incredible weight had been lifted from me. My mind was sharp, I was sitting upright in my seat and I actually felt very hungry. It was pretty funny. I went home, had a good meal and produced some of the best writing ever on a book project I was working on. Suddenly I was much more social. I started to do my own grocery shopping and even fell in love and had a boyfriend in my life. Things really were looking up for me when I discovered EFT. My mindset changed from viewing myself as broken and sick, to challenged but complete and at peace with myself.
What I knew intellectually, that health comes from a strong body and a strong mind, I was just now putting into practice in a real way. Sure I had meditated, sure I had used positive affirmations, sure I had used positive thinking but this was different. I was now able to put body and mind together to heal myself. To learn how to do EFT for your self go to www.mercola.com or www.emofree.com.
When you try this technique for yourself remember you are dealing with the body’s own natural energy, so things that can interfere with it electromagnetically, like wearing a watch or glasses should be taking off while you’re trying to tap and excite these meridian points to reset them.
If you are finding no success or limited success, it maybe that you are to low in your own personal energy levels, and you are unable to reset yourself. Have no fear, there are some wonderful practitioners out there that use this technique and can assist you with EFT. (www.eftsupport.com or www.usenature.com/eft1.htm) In fact I recommend you seek an experienced person to help you in the beginning. For emotions that deal with or have created physical problems it is often better to tap on the meridians found down the back, this naturally must be done with someone else’s assistance.
Many athletes and businessmen are discovering this technique as well. A very successful doctor in Australia gives executive seminars on EFT. Our words and thoughts are a powerful thing. The more folks experiment and use this form of energy work, they are able to create a new truth within and outside themselves for the whole world to see.
* For any who would like to further research into this, the article information is: Wells, S., Polglase, K., Andrews, H., Carrington, P., & Baker, A.H. (Sept. 2003). Evaluation of a Meridian-Based Intervention, Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT), for Reducing Specific Phobias of Small Animals. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 59 (9). 943-966. (http://www.eftsupport.com/OrderReprints.htm) Yes, folks this can be used on your pets too!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home