Stay Gone
You know how when you’re off center and you just feel like crap? Sometimes I just try to ignore my inner voice. It’s like I barrel forward with my fingers in my ears singing, “La, la, la, I can’t hear you!”
Sometimes I sing, “I’m going to do it anyway and you can’t stop me, la, la, la!”
I can be so immature at times it’s just ridiculous. My joy had left me, and I couldn’t figure out what was wrong. La, la, la, I can’t hear you…
I agreed to meet a man I found attractive, for lunch. After he left I didn’t feel a bit happy that I’d gotten to spend time alone with him. Lunch was a bit boring actually. Not to say he wasn’t good company, I just had my fingers in my ears and couldn’t hear a thing. From the inside or the outside!
The minute I unplugged my ears and got myself straighten out “Boom!” my joy came back and all my energy returned. I realized I was just using this guy. I was bored and I wanted to have someone in my life. I had become infatuated with the idea of this man and not cared about the man himself. But one kiss from him and there his girlfriend stood before me. What the hell kind of person am I anyway? I was sick at heart. My convictions came back to me. I'd been feeling nothing but conflict over how I was handling myself as well as my continuing mistrust of this man.
My inner voice had been trying to reach me for a while now. “Remember who you are”, it whispered. And I did. I got myself straighten out.
I became giddy-happy again, kissing and hugging my friends. The spirit and light returned, sparkling and shining, into my eyes -- back out on the dance floor I celebrated my life.
I belted out this song as I spun around the floor with my one of my favorite Rush guys, Jim, as he sang along with me,
“Baby, baby, stay right where you are.
I like it this way. It's good for my heart.
I haven't felt like this in God knows how long.
I know everything's gonna be ok, if you just STAY GONE.”


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home