Thursday, March 09, 2006

While I was doing my laundry I watched an old repeat of the TV show Malcolm in the Middle and laughed my butt off. It’s the one where the Mom, Lois, takes dance lessons and brings Ress, her second oldest kid, along.

Ress is a riot. At first he’s mortified by all the old ladies and repeats over and over to himself, “It’s just like touching a dead person”, to get him through this ordeal. But in seconds he over comes his horror when these old ladies start bribing him with money to get him to dance with them. Vying for highest bidder, Ress makes a killing each and every class.

Meanwhile Lois is feeling like the belle of the ball, twirling and swirling around on the dance floor with her instructor. What she doesn’t know is just how dreadfully awful she really is, and as we watch her dance we are viewing things from her perspective. She is wonderful and graceful. At the end of the show her kids play back a video made of the dance class and we see the reality of how Lois dances. She stumbles around and even knocks a few people out as she passes by.

I laughed so hard because I’m Lois! Yes that’s me. Dreadfully awful on the dance floor but having the time of my life.

As I watched this repeat today I made a mental note to ask my new love interest if he could coach me in my West Coast Swing basics. I think I will take all my WCS basics classes over again if I can find the money. Looks like I won’t be dancing anymore WCS out in public for a while that’s for sure! After watching Louis I’m a bit mortified and can’t help but laugh at myself. This is so me, too funny!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home