Loving Unconditionally
It is the hardest sort of love, a giving with no expected return. A love of friends, family or that of a lover -- to whomever it is given -- it is most challenging when you know it can’t or won't be returned. I have always found my own unrequited love to come from the depths of my loyal spirit, and most hidden secretly romantic heart.
Sometimes familial love can break us and shatter our spirits early. Placing cracks in our foundation from which we are no longer willing to chance showing those inside emotions to others. When we love unconditionally it opens up areas of such great potential hurt, that for many, it’s simply to hard to be so selfless knowing the risky consequences.
I had to learn to be selfish to be able to find balance in my selflessness when I love someone. Many don’t love as openly or quickly, they enter into this area cautiously. I’m reckless and stubborn at the same time. Seeing something that others might not recognize, there are certain people I feel an immediate connection to. It’s as if I understand them before I even know them. It’s an odd sense to have. And one that can be easily misunderstood by others.
How many of us can truly love with no conditions, I wonder. I find I do have some conditions of my own and sometimes they surprise me. Quiet ideals that when crushed can never quite be the same again, and yet still I continue to love to the best of my ability.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home