Friday, September 15, 2006

Leaves rustling and music in the air.

This evening is so amazing. As I sit here reading my book, I keep drifting off to listen to the rustle of the wind through the trees. The weather is perfect, my window is open, and the Kelpies are here asleep at my feet.

The sounds of the neighborhood come gently through the curtains and the wind fades a bit. I hear laughter from a party going on at the house behind ours. The music drifts through the air. This day has been so nice and calm. The tension my newest roommate brought with her to this place is forgotten, as this lovely breeze floats by.

I’m euphoric that I’m eating again. I have been extremely ill due to stress and even swallowing water hurt my stomach terribly. There was this pain in my side that hurt so bad I was waking up in the middle of the night! But my stomach has settled down and I know my liver will soon follow.

There has been no dancing for me at all this week. It’s been back to my routine of reading on the futon, then napping on the futon, then going and sleeping in my bed just one step away from the futon. I was a prisoner to my body again but at least I’m at peace and enjoying this evening’s weather.

With every intention of making it to Ray and Wendy’s party tomorrow I did get up put a bean dish in the slow cooker and stick an airbed in the back of my truck for an overnight stay at their place tomorrow. I have all day to rest now before the drive up there Saturday night.

Good lord, I hope I’m not the only single female attending this party like at David’s place. It was too funny. Over Labor Day weekend he and Carol threw a party Friday night, Saturday and Sunday of trail riding and hanging out by the campfire. It was fun but I was the only single person there. It was a group of families, married couples and dating couples. Boy did I feel a bit out of place.

AND to my embarrassment I was the only person who didn’t have anything to do on a Friday night (Even the Tango dance was cancelled!) and I showed up on my own that Friday realizing no one else was coming out there until Saturday morning.

Not that I’m looking but this makes me wonder if I’m even going to find another person I care to date again for a while. I have been yet again turning men down left and right it seems. Is there no one to strike my fancy?

Listening to Jack talk about his weekend and his whirlwind romance. Sigh. And looking at how cute they are together in their pictures, I do wish for something similar.

But still the night air is refreshing, and I’m feeling quite peaceful. All in good time. Another Friday night passes me by.

1 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Blogger Anonymous said...

Hi Jean, thanks for your comment on my blog! Now I'm reading yours and enjoying it very much. May I ask what health problems you are having? My email address is on my profile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home