Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Where has all the love gone?

Reading in my horoscope that today my powers for attraction and love would be strong, I dressed for the occasion. A little velvet dress showing lots of leg – and I have LOTS of leg – with all the flare a Libra can muster, I hit my Wednesday night haunts.

All of my old admires came out of the woodwork it seemed. I had my usual good time and it seemed some longing looks were passed my way but it was simply the same old thing -- same guys, and the same old uninterested Jean.

My Tango partner told me about a book he read once where it suggested people find their opposites for a perfect match. To obtain this dating goal, you needed to go places you’d never usually choose to go. If you’re a morning person, go out late night clubbing. If you’re a night owl take a morning walk in the park with your dog, you know that sort of thing.

Well I suppose I can broaden myself by going to some different places. I’ll let you know if anything interesting happens. I’m not a big clubber so what happens if I go out and find someone I like, then go back to being myself and still try to have a relationship with a guy who loves staying out till all hours and hanging out at the clubs when all I want is my nice warm bed.

Opposites also want to strangle each other too a lot of the time, but I don’t think the author of that book mentions this other likely problem at all. As I question my love life or lack of one, I delved into astrological suggestions for my best match choices. If a guy’s Moon, Venus, or Mars sign is Leo, Libra or Aquarius I might have a good chance at a proper match.

I think a better way to go about finding this ideal match would be going on what I find attractive…a complicated, dark, powerful, and passionate man is the biggest turn-on for me. A man with "layers"--one who has depth and is complicated enough to intrigue me. Give me a guy who oozes sensuality, who is perhaps a little dark and mysterious, and who has a magnetic and powerful aura. Intensity is a turn-on for me--flighty, superficial, and indifferent types need not apply! Also I do enjoy a certain level of possessiveness.

I’m thinking when was the last time I met a guy like that? Well um, never. If I find one I don’t even know if I’ll know how to handle them but hey it sure would be fun to try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home