Love Hurts
I’ve been immune for so long that I thought I had a good handle on things. There I was minding my own business and wham, love hits me hard over the head. “Ow”, I say, “What was that?” I’m left staggering around seeing stars.
There is no gentle way to get my attention, either you command it or you don’t. I must be hit over the head. What can I say? I’m quite willful and if I have my way I will continue on blissfully unaware or so I pretend.
I really thought things were going well and when I least expected it I got blindsided. This summer I left so many guys in the dust it’s not funny. Some folks date for the sake of dating. Not me. One sweet man suggested I just go out with him as friends and have fun. He’s so hopeful.
It used to be that all my friends were guys. I was so naive. Over time most would end up professing their love to me and I’d be hard pressed, trying desperately to keep it just friendship. It never worked. The guys got frustrated or angry watching me with other men. Now I know better.
So anyway here I am. A little shaken with this big lump on my head. Love’s big wooden mallet packs a hard punch! It makes me a bit crazy. It’s been quite a while since I’ve felt like this.
Good lord it’s embarrassing to find myself staggering around trying to find my equilibrium. I tend to be fearless in the face of such an adversary as love, stepping right up there. Must have got hit hard though because I’m still a little shaken. If I can only catch my balance I will be a force to be reckoned with, wailing away with my own love mallet.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home