Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Party.

We had Jack’s housewarming and dance party last night. It was a blast!!!! Jack busted his butt to get the empty duplex painted and when I came over with the folding chairs he looked a bit stressed and tired from all the work.

I invited a ton of tango people and just about every one showed up and we packed them in. It was crazy fun, with a very diverse crowd of folks.

There were swing/lindy hoppers that started off the party showing up at 8:00 and then salsa folks came in to spice things up at 9:00 and by 10:00 the tango crowd showed. By then it was utter mayhem and chaos! Oh how I loved it!!!!!!!!!

The windows were steamed up and some were open to let the winter air cool off our hot bods. The dance floor was packed in this tiny living room space with a variety of people kicking up their heels. The kitchen was full of chairs to change shoes and talk, and on the counter spaces there were wine bottles everywhere. I think everyone had bought a bottle of wine with them, and all were opened.

Since the apartment was empty of any furniture (due to the fact Jack hadn’t rented the place out yet) there was just enough space to accommodate everyone. And the back bedroom was open to any daring souls that wanted to learn a bit of tango before going out to the living room floor.

I, of course, was most diligently recruiting the lindy hoppers to tango. I just couldn’t help myself. They were a most delightful crowd and I loved dancing swing with them. We practiced walking a bit in the back room and then I took them out to the main floor and we laughed and laughed as they experimented, accidentally bumping into good-natured tango dancers, who weren’t bothered a bit seeing their enthusiasm.

Finally exhaustion caught up with me -- I’d been dancing with each group that came since 7:30 and now it was after 11:00.

After I could dance no more, I saw Jack and Ryan in the back bedroom talking, and went in and put my head on Jack’s shoulder. He was having a great time and he was in his element. He threw his arm around me and laughed at me as I shamelessly flirted with Ryan before packing up and going home.

What a great time it all was! And I'm delighted to find that several of the tango folks want to go out country dancing so next Wednesday there are about seven of us planning to go -- what a hoot!! Life is good --yeah baby -- life is good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home