Technology ain’t it great?
God bless Sri’s Dad. He has finally relented and now leaves voice messages on the machine. Up till now whenever he’d call he would just keep ringing until someone answered. (Sometimes half the day if he had a mind to) If I gave in and answered he would spend that whole time loudly saying “Sri, Sri, Sri, Sri…” He couldn’t understand what I was telling him. Eventually I would give up, and on hanging-up there he’d be again ringing the phone. Out of desperation I started unpluging all the phones in the house when I knew he was up to his tricks.
Now He has a new cell phone and calls whenever he is bored, passing the time by redialing over and over again. When I told Sri how bad it had gotten, she said she would try to get him to leave a message and not call so much. She has tried this before but to no avail.
But wonders of wonders, he left a message today! Sure he still called back and left an identical one an hour later but this, people, is real progress from, as I understand it, a most difficult man.
Now if only I could get my Mom to learn to hit reply on an email and write me back instead of reading my emails and then writing me a letter and sending it snail mail! I love you Mom, and some day you will even figure out how to get to my blogs!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home