Sometimes The Simplest Things Are The Sweetest.
I came home last night at midnight to find Monica on the floor playing with the dogs and just smiled. When I threw myself down on the couch both dogs were like Velcro and were glued to me for petting and kisses.
Monica always laughs at this and says, "What am I? Chopped liver?" She holds no grudge against my shaggy companions for loving her one-minute, and then totally disregarding her the next when I enter the room.
Sri heard us laughing and came out to see what was up. So here we are, the three of us late in the evening, being entertained by Shorty's unsuccessful attempts to tell the stupid humans he would like to play with the toy up on the fridge. In his frustration he actually went over to the hand towel hanging on the fridge and pulled at it. That got a lot of laughs from all of us.
This out of everything in my life brings me such great joy. Just as simple as my roomies, and I hanging out doing a whole lot of nothing -- enjoying each other's company.
Things that top my list this week:
David's "David look"
My roommates laughter
Two tangos that caused time to melt away. No pain, nothing else only music existing.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home